Welcome to the Chest Drain Management module, which examines what is a chest drain, where and why this is used along with different chest drainage systems. This course provides an excellent introduction to understanding and managing chest drainage.
Please click on all + signs that you see in the course. Please click on all visual cards that ask you to "flip" them. You will not be able to advance to the next section unless you do and answer any questions in that section.
There will be a some questions at the end of some sections of the training to check for comprehension.
Good luck and enjoy the course.
Your Medela University Team
Please follow the below instructions to get to and complete the training course:
- Click the "Add" button to transfer your preferred course to your shopping cart.
- Click the "Proceed to Cart" button to check out.
- If you are a returning user, log-in with your personal log-in credentials. If you are a new user, please click on "Create an Account". By signing up you agree to our Data Protection Information.
- Back in your shopping cart, click on "Next Step Check Out".
- Return to dashboard to start your course.
This course is CPD (Continuing Professional Development) certified. This course is also endorsed by EfCCNa (European federation of Critical Care Nursing associations.
- Anatomy of the chest cavity
- Function of chest drainage
- Different chest drainage systems
- Monitoring and management of chest drainage
- Information about Thopaz+
- Differences between underwater seal drains and Thopaz+
- Summary of benefits and features of Thopaz+
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate CPD Chest Drain Management
Your cart is empty